Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Diamond Head Crater!

I realize Jason already used this picture of spam musUbi but I just wanted to give it another shout out and let you all know that it actually is pretty tasty! And according to Jason, 7-eleven carries some of the best of it's kind! This was teriyaki flavored and it deserves a second praise (contrary to some other opinions... heather... :) hahaha)
And yes, this mischievious child fits in this box for baby wipes. A couple days after this day when I first put her in this box for fun, she came and asked me to put her back in the box and carry her around the house. So I did because how can you ever turn her down?! Anyway, she loved it. Then I asked her if I should put her outside the door like a package. She said yes. I'm not sure she understood what I was getting at or if she just wanted me to carry her somewhere else because when I set her outside the door and started closing it she looked at me and said, "HEY!"

Anyway, back to Diamond Head day. We headed out and did this lovely little hike. It wasn't stroller friendly this time, but the kids had an easy time. Though you can't really read the words on here, you can see that we did a bunch of switchbacks, climbed a million stairs, walked through some long skinny tunnels and finally found our way to the top!

Heather carried Jax, I carried Flat Alix in her protective pouch (aka manilla envelope)

and Jason carried Ashlyn while dad took most of the pictures.

View from the top. You can see that we are looking into the crater... and beyond.

As every other day thus far, it was pretty windy and cloudy but nice weather for a hike. At least it didn't rain while we hiked!
Dad and I climbed the extra few stairs so we could see the view of Waikiki... but our big heads got in the way of the view when we tried to do a self shot. On J's blog, you can see a better picture of us that a nice man took for us when he saw how terribly this picture turned out. Here's what you were supposed to see behind us... At the bottom of the trail, Ashlyn found a nice bench her size to rest on. All that sitting in the backpack can wear you right out!
And look at these pretty flowers dad saw high up in the tree. Um, plumerias maybe? I'm no flower expert.
Stay tuned for even more Hawaii! Unless of course you're bored... but that's just rude. :)

3 comments:

the man said...

We really like hearing the vacation from your side, kind of feels new and fresh and we like your perspective, especially when you say how cute our kids are! haha! keep 'em coming!

p.s. it's musUbi... not musAbi, a small error though...

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you took flat Alix around with you. When she arrived after Jaxon was born, Ashlyn cried with fright and she was left behind on Heather's adventures. (Mostly because it was hard to remember to take another child - even if she is flat.) You came to the rescue and I'm sure 3D Alix will appreciate it.

Michelle said...

Okay, so last week at our rugby tournament, a lady in our ward, who is Japanese, had brought some of those seaweed wrapped spam & rice patties which her kids were devouring. I was tempted to ask her if I could try one, but I didn't want to take food away from her kids so I didn't. I'm very curious about these things now!

And, I still LOVE the picture of Ash in the box! Maybe Jason & Heather can play a little song and have her pop out sometime!