
I found this in the pantry and all i had to say is "what the...?" There isn't an expiration date on the box so who knows how old it is... or if it's safe to eat! Look at the instructions! That's OLD! On the bright side, that coupon has no expiration date! Too bad no bake chocolate mousse pie is ancient and you can't find it in stores... but 15 cents must've been a lot of money to save whenever this was sold...

And then you compare it to what a non-expired box of No Bake products and then you really see a difference.

And then you see that box of Shake n Bake collecting dust in the back corner and you remember the commercial from 1873, "it's shake n bake, and i helped!" I don't have a picture of what a shake n bake box looks like now, but you know its gotta look more up to date than this!

Ok, so in the last couple of weeks, we did clean out the pantry and all the food is now up to date and we will be managing our rotations much better than before. Rest assured that we will not be serving food that should be displayed in a museum. I can't let go of the chocolate mousse pie though because I'm tempted to make it and serve it to someone one day... so for now it is stored in my food cupboard at home.
3 comments:
That's quite amazing. Better have someone taste that mousse pie first before you take a bite...
I didn't realize there WERE commercials in 1873....but I didn't live during that time so what do I know?
1873? haha, I know that's typo because they didn't even make packaged goods back then! The pioneers would have been loving life back then if they had Shake 'n' Bake!
Post a Comment