Monday, October 13, 2008

Disneyland!

My first time to Disneyland. And I got paid to go. Whoo hoo!

I got this fancy button from one of the store clerks and stuck it to my bag.


We visited Disneyland and...


California Adventure which is right across the way. We only spent one day over here, and 2 1/2 days at Disneyland. It was really pretty fun. Although the price to get in there is RIDICULOUS. But RAH got a great deal which included a 4 day park hopper pass, disney gift cards that we used for food inside the park, and a breakfast buffet with Minnie and
friends (tigger, eeyore, captain hook, the fairy godmother, the white rabbit, rafiki, chip and dale)

Here is Princess Lilly's castle (my niece Lilly in case you non Tang's are confused). It is a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be.

These are all 15 participants that we took on the trip. It was quite the task to keep everyone together fulfill all their Disneyland desires, get all the souvenirs they wanted, and not get them lost. We rode a lot of rides, saw a bunch of 3D shows, did a few interactive things and spent a lot of time here...

Ok so you'd never see a sign that said Washrooms in the states. The picture was taken in Canada. But still, we were taking restroom breaks every 30-40 minutes. With 15 people, someone is always having to go, and sometimes it's the same people going every time! You might say that we spent as much time in the bathrooms as we did in lines for rides. Truly. But the lines weren't bad at this time of the year. I don't think we ever waited more than 40 minutes to get on something.

Mickey Mouse in his Halloween costume.


Mousekateers!

Anyway, most everyone rode all the rollercoasters and other rides, although we did have 2 people who refused to even try most of the rides, even the easy ones. We got them in things like the bumper cars though, and also to the shows.


These bumper cars were the silliest bumper cars ever... they hardly gave you a jolt when you bump into other cars... plus, ants move faster than these cars did.

Everyone who wanted a chance to drive got to drive around the track at Autopia. If I ever see any of them driving a real vehicle on the streets of Provo, I'm staying off the roads!

We watched several 3D shows but the one at A Bug's Life had the funniest glasses. They do a great job making you feel like you're a part of these shows with smells and things jumping out at you and poking you on your seats and wind blowing at you. I had to convince of few of our guys that what they felt poking them or sprayed at them wasn't real!

This is the Finding Nemo submarine ride. It was pretty cool. My favorite rides included Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, Soarin over California, and Big Thunder Mountain Train. We actually covered pretty much everything cool in both parks.

Inside California Adventure.

There was this area where they had the streams of water jumping from hole to hole and Cheryl (my boss) told the participants that she would give a prize to anyone who could catch a stream and bring it to her. Oh boy. That was hilarious to watch.
This is the result. They tried catching it in their hands, their shirts, their hats, and one even got a face full of water. It was so funny. Unfortunately, no one got a prize.

On Friday night, it got SO crowded at the park. But we fought the crowds to watch the nightly fireworks show at the magic kingdom. It was much cooler than I expected.

I was told I must get a churro at Disneyland. Well I never got an opportunity until after the fireworks as we were leaving the park for the last time. I saw a churro stand that had no line and stopped the group so I could get my $3 churro. Totally delicious. Totally not worth 3 bucks. But hey, it's part of the Disneyland experience.

Along with my first Disneyland experience, I saw my first ever speed limit sign just outside of a hotel not in an increment of 5...

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Nancy Tangerific...you went to Disneyland and didn't call me?!?! You know I have a pass to that place? Looks like you guys had your hands full. I'm glad it was a fun trip..October is the BEST time to go.

the man said...

you're lame and ridiculous. (code for i'm jealous and envious). glad you got the souvey, nothing beats a great souvey. as for the churro, should've got the funnel cake. sexier. much sexier. and it has to be american! :)

Kevin said...

I'll have to try that "catch the water stream" game on some kids...

Megan and Sean said...

Okay, you have the best stinkin' job ever!! We love Disney!

ELI said...

Nancy, I so wish I was there with you! I LOVED this post.

And the 14 MPH sign was pretty amazing.

Michelle said...

Tang-o-licious! I still think I should switch careers and do what you do. Can you hook me up? What a fun, fun, fun time for you! I still have yet to get myself to the magical world of Disney!