Just when you thought the name Clarence was becoming obsolete... you discover an island called Clarence. Random.
So there's this large map on the wall of our eating area that's been up since we moved in to this apartment in September. The other day, I was eating my cereal for breakfast like normal, and I happened to glance up at the map and thought, "what the...."
I did a double take, blinked, rubbed my eyes, and stood up for an even closer look. Could it be? Does that teeny little island really bear the name, Clarence?! Oh boy, does it ever! And then I had to laugh because the island next to it is Elephant. (i'm still chuckling.) Anyway, for those of you who want to know, see here for the little known information about the island. Clarence Island is located in the Antarctic area. No wonder our Clarence has a cold heart.
Hahahaha. I'm just playin'. The world would be so dull without Clarence (the person, who cares about the island). But still so cool that an island exists with your name! Bet the rest of you wish you had an island too! At least there is a city called Nancy in France - though probably not pronounced the same way... Loves to you Clarence! Love, me!
8 comments:
wow, my very own island, all 12 miles of it -- mine! Such an inspiring moment -- I feel moved upon to celebrate in verse:
Ode to My Island
O Clarence Island
In the land of the setting sun
Thy rocky Mount, thy silvery Cape
Majesty is thine heritage
O Clarence Island
Standing guard over the Shetland South
Small but brave, ward away evil
Clarence, be ever strong!
For you Argentinians out there:
Oda a Mi Isla
O Clarence Island
En la tierra del sol que se pone
Thy Montaje rocoso, thy Cabo plateado
La majestad es la herencia thine
O Clarence Island
Montar la guardia sobre el Sur Shetland
Pequeño pero valiente, sala lejos mal
¡Clarence, estar fuerte alguna vez!
(translation provided by http://translation2.paralink.com/)
If Blade-dog really just made up a piece of poetry from the facts from this little island of Clarence, well, I think he might need to add a third verse talking about how his big his head might sink the 12 mile long island!
Okay, what?! Did Clarence really just make a poem about an island he's never been to?
yep, i (blade) sure did -- sadly, in only two verses i exhausted all the little-known facts about my little home away from home!
I think we should go there on our next vacation.
Nancy, with each post you get closer and closer to becoming my favorite person.
There's a city in Massachusetts called Lynn. And I've been there.
Post a Comment