Tuesday, January 31, 2012

there's no title for this post

Oh my.  It's the last day of January.  I best be getting on with a post...

One day I was wearing these socks and when i took them off, the shape stayed.  Looked so weird I thought I'd take a picture.  Weird, right?

Does someone need a haircut?  Um yes... it's just that we've not known where to go in this city to get an affordable and good cut.  No worries, we've got appointments later this week.

 My hair is getting way too long too... And my arms got chopped off.

 Over Christmas, dad was here and we went to the Natural History Museum one day.  It was so cool.  And SO big that we didn't even get to see everything.  This was the dinosaur exhibit.

 This one too.  Look at the size of that mouth!

My, what an iddy biddy head for all that neck...

Here's dad taking a picture in the African animals section.

 Giant squid, probably straight from the 20, 000 Leagues Under the Sea movie.

 Here's a real slice of a tree.  Maybe it's not as cool in a picture but I was blown away!

 Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree.  A place that is WAY too overcrowded.  And cold.

 This is about as close to the tree as we got because of the hoards of people all over.  There wasn't much else to see anyway.  Except the rich ice skaters.  Who paid $75 per person to skate.

 World Trade Center Memorial.

 Really cool monument.  But this place made me really sad after a while.

 The Brooklyn Bridge.  We're so hip.  Haha.

 This was carved into a wall in Central Park.  We just thought it was neat.

 Here's an Egyptian Obelisk.  A real one.  Imported from Egypt.  In 18something.  A long time ago.

 Here's dad taking a picture of...
 ...this great skyline by the Belvedere Castle in Central Park!

This the sleeping arrangements you can look forward to when you come to visit.  Dad was a real trooper.

 Ok, here are the apt pics I keep promising.  There's not much to look at.  I am standing in our bedroom door.

 And this is standing by the front door.  Sometimes we use that ball as a chair.
 Here's our room.  Yes, our curtain is a black trash bag.  It came with the apartment!  And it keeps the cold out (kind of).

 Here's our bathroom.  It is like a hallway... That sink on the right side is about where the other wall goes to.  Eww, the tub looks dirty, I think we need to go clean it... pronto!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

75 dollars to skate!?! Crazy :) Looks like you guys are enjoying New York, if I were there I would give you a free haircut, just for being as awesome as you guys are :)

Sarah said...

That was me, Not Austin, he doesn't know how to cut hair :)

Alexis and Justin said...

Haha that was funny, the Austin-Sarah haircut discussion, I was wondering why he would cut it when Sarah was such a fully-trained professional who learned how to cut hair on beautiful mannequin heads ... anyhoo looks like quite the exciting urban life you guys are living, if my husband had to live in such as small space with so much stuff everywhere he would jump out the window. So I think we'll be skipping the New York city experience. It looked like your pops had fun touring the city. I wish I could come visit you and claim a rectangular space on your floor it would be a huge honor. Well, eat some good New York food for me cuz I hear they have lots!! Love you pants.