Our RAH clients saying Thank You to the soldiers who are fighting overseas.

Each year, Provo has it's Freedom Days. This includes a balloon launch every morning at 6am. The Kiwanis Club also serves a pancake breakfast to the public. Of course it does cost $6 per person to eat it. It's a fundraiser breakfast and they donate money to charities. So naturally, RAH is a charity and we provide volunteers to help keep the breakfast flowing. We arrive at 5:45am to set up and our duties include refilling the syrup and butter, cleaning up tables, collecting trash, and helping people find their seats. In past years, it has been pretty chaotic but I felt like it was pretty smooth this year. Plus I remembered my camera this year and managed to escape a number of times to snap some photos...
The stars and stripes!
Smokey the Bear makes a yearly appearance. I always thought he looked a little... strange.
Balloons up and ready to lift.
Unfortunately, on the first day, the winds were not suitable for flying and so no one got to take off. So everyone just packed up after they got the balloons deflated... like in this picture here. You're liking that Tony the Tiger in the background aren't you?
The next morning gave a beautiful sunrise. The weather was still a little ify for launching balloons.
More balloons showed up this day. Probably about 15 or so.
And it turned out to be good flying weather and a great sky to get some cool pictures. I must've taken a million pictures but it looked so cool! Lucky for you, I only selected a few to post. I especially love the pig and how it looks in the air. My good friend Liz's brother flew that balloon.




The 4th of July brought another lovely sunrise, even a few more balloons than the previous day and another good flying day. I didn't take as many pictures since I took a whole load the day before and we were pretty busy at the breakfast.
And as a side note, on July 3 I experienced my first massage ever. It was fine although I didn't feel much different afterward... I mean, it was relaxing but I don't feel any more loose or anything. This place also had an oxygen bar... you put those hospital looking things in your nose and breathe in pure oxygen that is also flavored. It was a very different experience and I'm not exactly sure what it's supposed to do for you....


4 comments:
It's supposed to help people not from here be able to breathe. They get here and the altitude gets to them and they run out of breathe really quickly. It perks you right up giving you more energy. Lots of places in Park City have them to help the visitors.
I've never been to the balloon launching. I will have to go next year.
Oh, Nancy, you are too funny! They made me wear an oxygen mask when I was having Eli and I did not like it one bit...but then, that wasn't flavored oxygen. What exactly is flavored oxygen?
It's called a nasal cannula, if you were wondering. :) Nurse alert! I enjoyed all of your pictures- don't hesitate. I was only sad about one thing my whole Utah visit, no provo parade (and we didn't even do anything in its place). This is a nice taste of the day and all. Wasn't it beautiful? :)
I seriously cant believe we didnt hook up! So lame of me :( BUT - I am glad that you got a picture of the pig :) There were actually 21 balloons this year - and next year we are suppose to have 30...hope that wont infringe on breakfast space!
Post a Comment