A couple of weeks ago, I went to clean the bathroom and discovered that the floor mats were stuck to the floor. I tugged to pull them up and I heard tearing noises. Not wanting to deal with it, I just cleaned around the mats and called it good. Today I decided since the mats were filthy and they were going to be toast once I ripped them up from the linoleum, I went to Target and got some cheep "step out mats", that have no rubber backing on them and went to work on getting the mats off the floor. This one is the mat that wrapped around the toilet...
And here is the other mat by the vanity that I ripped up. I used a butter knife to scrap the remains off the floor. Took about 20 minutes...
I decided to have a little fun in my chore :)
I'm not sure how this happened. Alyssa and I decided that it was either from when she cleaned the bathroom before and put the mats back on the floor when it was wet. Or it was when I last washed and dried the mats and put them back on the floor when it was still a little warm from the dryer. In any case, they are now in the trash and these are the pretty red mats I purchased.
In other news, last week was RAH's annual Lagoon day. It was pleasant day with sun but not too hot. Alyssa came along with me and rode many of the rides that I wouldn't. Thanks Alyssa! Here is a group of the participants with Alyssa sitting in the 2nd seat.
She actually wouldn't ride this roller coaster because she doesn't love the loop dee loops it had. And though you can barely see them, the participants are sitting in rows 1, 2, and 5.
And here's us right at the start of Rattlesnake Rapids. The water ride in a tube type thing where water splashes around while you move down a river current. You know what I'm talkin about right? The one where you come off soaking wet and freezing cold. 

10 comments:
very nice red accents in your bathroom. there you go working hard again.... sheesh.
like writing your name in the sand...what a thoughtful moment for you! he he he!
Did you buy the curtain to match the new towels and mat or vice versa?
nah the curtain belongs to the condo. we just happened to have red hand towels already. and so when i bought the mats, i figured red was the obvious choice.
oooooo i LOVE the red mats!!! And I am so sorry that you had to take care of that chore by yourself because I'm, well...I won't mention it because it will just make it seem worse :)They are lovely, though. And looking at that picture of the loop-de-loop ride I wouldn't go on makes me feel better for not going on it because the angle of it looks awful! Good times, good times :)
No, I'll bet Alyssa found out about your mat sticking problem weeks ago and left the chore for her happy-go-lucky roommate to pick out some new masts....haha..I love you Alyssa!!!
oh that stinks! good work Nancy!
I so would have come with you. So sad.
You're amazing Nanny. Way to make a sucks-rocks job more fun!
How fun are you Tangy!?
Post a Comment