Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sunshiny Days!

A rundown of the last few weeks. Finally, it stopped snowing here (hope I didn't just jinx myself). And lovely flowers popped out in the sun at work.

The roommates at a BYU baseball game. Though not officially a roommate, Matt is like our 4th. He belongs to Karen.

Our RAH choir performed at a retirement community.
We visited the Thanksgiving Point animal farm a couple of weeks ago where we fed goats, chickens, horses, and saw a bunch of other animals too.
We took a tour at the Krishna temple this last Saturday. They let us handle the llamas. One of them stepped on part of my foot but it didn't hurt so that was good.

This is the same place where this happened a couple of months before to welcome in spring.... Holi Fest or Festival of Colors.

A few days ago, I did a very simple cake decorating class. I let them choose from 3 patterns: a sailboat, a flower, and a bear.

The cakes turned out pretty good and very creative. This picture is especially for Jason and Heather. It's haupia pie! I made it from scratch and it turned out fantastically! Of course, I never got to try Ted's so I'm not sure how close it is in taste but it was sure delicious. Let me know if you want the recipe!

5 comments:

the man said...

nice job with the pie! it looks delicious! did it taste close to the one we had? looks like a fun little post you had, many things happening. way to not bury your piano talents, I think I will be smitten one day when I go dig mine up when the master comes...

andrew said...

Send my your recipe as well! We have one from some friends in Hawaii, but I'd love to compare! Mmmmmmm....pie.

Tara Johnson said...

Hey girl how the heck have you been? What are you up to these days???

Michelle said...

YES, I want the recipe! Everyone raves about the pie and it must be so good so I WANT some! And, what a pretty snapshot of the Asian Poppy!

Annette Bailey said...

What is this pie and why have I not heard of it if it's so wonderful? May I have the recipe please so I may join your bandwagon?