Monday, January 26, 2009

Woot Woot!

Well, it finally happened. I am finally a permanent U.S. resident. It only took 12 and a half-ish years! But I'm very grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me through the years with parents, school status, missionary status, and a job status, all of which has allowed me to legally stay in the U.S for this long before I am now on U.S resident status. Thanks to my family for supporting me and especially to those who participated in trips to the border so I could renew my visas and continue living here. Thanks to Jason for being born in the U.S (I guess we should thank mostly Heavenly Father and mom and dad for that one though...) so mom and dad could get their green cards and citizenship, which has allowed me to also receive the same blessings and privileges! I just wish mom were here to rejoice and celebrate with me and see all her hard work unfold to this! I'm sure she is and has though. Now just 5 more years till citizenship comes my way!

Also this weekend, I made this lovely chocolate cheesecake, recipe courtesty of Michelle, and it turned out amazing and delicious! The fresh raspberries were a nice touch!


PS. Happy Chinese New Year!!!!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

YEAH NANCY!! I'm so excited for you! The Lord does bless us in so many ways, and I am happy to see that you are being blessed! I LOVE YA NANC!

Wongs D & MV said...

If I didn't know you any better I'd say that your posting was a slight on Canada ;) One day I'll be able to say the same thing and lean on the 4 US citizens in my family to reap the rewards!

Michelle said...

Wow...see, I knew you could do it! I was talking about the cheesecake (of COURSE you would pass the interview for the US Permanent Residency test...you're cute as a button, who wouldn't let you in!!!!)

Megan and Sean said...

Congrats Nancy! Y-U-M, that cheescake looks delicious!

Kevin said...

Those Canadians coming to the US... I'm glad you came legally, no matter how hard & expensive it was. You are a shining example to all of those illegal ones...

Annette Bailey said...

Yeah Nancy! Now we can truly accept you as an almost-equal!

How'd the turkey turn out?

ELI said...

Yay! Congrats! We won't have to hide you under the seats when we cross the border from Mexico anymore! (Since we've gone to Mexico a lot).

But mostly congrats on the cheesecake. I'm so proud of you.

#15 said...

i still can't believe they let you pass your interview after all the dirt i passed along... :)

Meg said...

Yummy!