I know that I made baby Jesus and the manger (with dad's help), mom made Mary, Andrew made the wise man with the red crown, Clarence made the one with the black crown and Jason made all the animals (I've always loved the "popcorn" sheep and the race horse). I can't remember what Michelle or dad made, but it's gotta be Joseph, the shepherd, or the third wise man . And someone must've made 2 or something. Later on (like in the last few years), Steve made the stable for the nativity and straw got added... for extra effect? I dunno, but I think it's pretty darn creative and has lasted so long!
I went to Andrew's house this morning to help make some potstickers and these little munchkins were there being extra cute. Above is the boy (Andersen) practicing his joystick coordination on the Wii, and down below is Michael, just 3.5 weeks old, finally showing me that he DOES have eyes!
Anyway, I'm off to Michigan on Tuesday for Christmas with Clarence, Annie and family so I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
10 comments:
Actually, I have to agree. That's a pretty neat Nativity. I knew the Tangs were talented in something! (just kidding, you've always been talented)
Have fun in Michigan! That's a pretty good baby Jesus for a 4-year-old!
Are you sure 1986? As a credentialed journalist, not like those "wanna-be's" like Clarence, I humbly request you double check those facts and get back to me. I'm thinkin' it was later 80's or early 90's. Stay warm in Michigan.
Andersen is so cute!!!!!! That is an amazing nativity. Cute too!
ange: is it just me, or does andersen look a little bit like uncle gordon? (which means he looks like dad, too -- but dad doesn't have the jowls, if you know what i mean")
the man: did i say on your blog that you rock? well, if i did, it was by accident, and i take it back.
nana: looking forward to your imminent arrival -- make sure to bring warm clothes so we can all go sledding together!!! and the nativity... 1986? i dunno -- i thought i remembered doing it when i was either in junior high or high school. i'm with j -- i'm going with 1990 or 91. (then again, mom does have a habit of being right even when we think she's not, especially if she documented in her journal, so...??)
it's true. i thought 1986 was a little early too. i never actually looked at mom's journals to see if that was truth... i also think i had to be older than 4 because i remember very clearly the night that we made this. i'm thinking i was at least 6 or 8, so between 1988 and 1990 maybe?
I'd like to order one of those nativities, I collect them! Name your price! He he he!
I don't like Clarence's new "name" of #15....sorry siree! Good memory, Nancy. I think I did do Joseph, the third wiseman and maybe one of the animals. Looks good, haven't seen that Nativity creche in a long time..oh the memories!
Actually, I didn't know clarence changed his "name". I was looking for the Blade for the longest time. Who is this #15? I didn't want to say it to "look" stupid. Thank you, Michelle. Why are you #15, why not #1? Do you want to give up your birthright to the Man?
I looked through the photo albums. I couldn't find any photos of the making of the Creche. It would be out of my character for not taking pictures of this important event!!
Handsome Andersen if he looks like me!!
Jowls...well, doesn't that make him look more like me who has a resemblance to our handsome Dad who's brother Gordon also has a resemblance to him?
I actually made the wiseman with the silver crown (which is why he's a little messier and a little lopsided in comparison). I also made the cow with the black spots.
Post a Comment