Saturday, August 2, 2008

More Summer Livin'

So the ward BBQ last Saturday was fantastic, and there was a slip n slide which was amazing as usual. Slip n slides seem to be an annual activity at Rock Canyon Park for me the last 3 summers. I came home dirtier and with more battle wounds than last year. But it was a jolly good time. Here's me at the bottom of the slip n slide. Actually I went down face first on my tummy but at the end I flipped around so that I wouldn't slide face first in the mud and rocks.

The aftermath.

On Wednesday, we went on another RAH hike, but this time we rode up the chairlift at Sundance, got off at the top and hiked around a bit.

It was a much more successful hike compared to last year when we did the same activity and got stuck on the mountain for almost 3 hours. Last year we rode the lift up and hiked down. This time we were smarter and more prepared with water. No shortages this year! And no one threw up this year either. We just rode the lift up, hiked around, and rode the lift down. We had a few slips and trips, but no one fell off the edge and there was no blood. The views up there were awesome and it was so green!

We planned to do a short loop of about a mile. But then some people wanted to go to Stewart Falls. So half the group rested mid loop while the rest of us went to the falls, which was an extra mile one way. We came to the falls from a different direction than a couple of weeks ago when we hiked to the those same falls. On the way back, we saw this on the side of the trail:

Can anyone identify what this used to be?

Anyway, on Thursday RAH went to an Orem Owlz baseball game and they did much better than last time. When we left at the top of the 9th and final inning, the Owlz were up 5-0. I'm assuming they did win. Alyssa also went with some friends. We didn't sit together, but she did come and find me and sat with me for a few minutes.



The first few hundreds of people who came got free wooden mini bats. Everyone in our group happily accepted their bats, unlike last year when we were all too late to get any.

3 comments:

the man said...

Some people say we're living a charmed life... I think I'll divert that to you.

P.S. At first glance I thought your title was "More Summer LOVIN'" and I was like, you scandalous tang you... haha!

Rob and Christina Watson said...

You are such an adventurer, Tangy! Don't quit it when you get married, ok?

Michelle said...

girl, you're looking HOT!!!! So, did you ever figure out where the spine came from?