Friday, July 25, 2008

Hiking, Baseball, Painting and Other Events

One Wednesday afternoon, RAH did a hiking adventure to Stewart Falls up at Sundance. It was my first time there. It was a pretty easy hike about 2.5 miles (or something like that) round trip. There were some tricky rocky parts for our guys, but they all prevailed and made it!


Our hiking line. My coworker, Davey, and me at the falls.


One Monday night, our ward did a ward FHE to the Orem Owlz baseball game up at UVSC... actually just recently UVSC was changed to UVU... Utah Valley University. Anyway, we went to the baseball game and were highly disappointed. By the bottom of the 3rd inning, the score was 14-3 for the Mustangs from Billings. We left after the 5th inning.


One Thursday evening, RAH went to the Scera theatre in Orem to watch an outdoor play at the amphitheatre. Footloose was the show. The movie I've never seen and maybe am not that interested in seeing either. My roommate Kendra and neighbor Andrea came that night too, and set their blankets next to our group which was fun for me!

On Pioneer Day, Alyssa, our friend Tyler, and I painted the office/lab where Alyssa works on campus. While it's not necessarily permissible to paint rooms on campus, we were given the go ahead by the boss of the office, whose name I will not reveal at this time. Alyssa and I prepped the room in the morning and in the afternoon we painted and it only took a couple of hours. I'd say we did a pretty good job, although Alyssa wasn't keen on the color by the end, so we may be changing it... we'll see.




Almost daily it seems, Alyssa wakes up feeling like she has puffy eyes. So how does she help them? Well, get some spoons out of the freezer (because who doesn't keep spoons in the freezer?), pop an ice cube in your mouth and hold the spoons up to your eyes for 5 minutes. I don't know how this helps but she says it does so we'll believe her. She didn't know I was going to take this picture but I couldn't resist. I also just wanted to post this other picture for fun.

Thanks Alyssa for being a good sport and not kiling me for posting the most random pictures of you.

Last picture. We are having this ward activity tomorrow, which involves a BBQ. So one of the posters posted around the complex about the activity has this great picture of a burger... with a special tribute to me. It made me laugh a lot. I'm happy to represent!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

How much fun are YOU having these days! So, what was the final color of the lab then? It can't be THAT bad...can it?

the man said...

Good times for my little poo poo head. excited that andrew is coming soon?

heather said...

Love the canada flag in the burger. Priceless.

Clarissa said...

You cut your hair! I love it! It is so precious on you!

andrew said...

I like how you've made a good impression on your ward that they feel compelled to represent the Motherland for you personally! What a great Canadian you are...unlike others of the Tang clan....