Saturday, August 16, 2008

25 to 26...

So I turned the big two-six this week. And much celebrating went on during the week. Ok, so not everything was celebrated because of my birthday, but we can pretend.

On August 13 when I was still 25, a bunch of us (shown in all the pics above... me, Alyssa, our friend Karen, her bro Dave and his roommates Ryan and Eric, and Karen's other friends K and Stephanie) went to the Jordanelle Reservoir to go boating on Ryan's family boat. I haven't gone boating in a long time and it was a lot of fun. And the last time I tried any watersports was when I was 12... I went kneeboarding. It was traumatic. The board went out from under me, I forgot to let go of the darn rope and was dragged over the water until I remembered, "oh, let go!" Then I got back on the board on my tummy and the task was to get yourself back onto your knees while the boat was going. Again I lost the board and forgot to let go of the rope. Do you see a pattern developing? Anyway, you think that's the end but it happened one more time and since that dreary afternoon 13 years ago, I haven't cared for watersports. Until Wednesday when I decided to try wakeboarding! Dave went first and he was doing some cool little tricks:



Then Alyssa showed her mad skills:



Then it was me. It was awesome and I did pretty good for a first timer. And I remembered to let go of the rope when I plunged into the water. I was able to get up the first couple of times but it wasn't until about the 3rd or 4th time that I was actually able to get up AND going. But after the first time that I got up and went, it was so much easier every time after. So I was fairly successful but I wasn't able to go great distances before I found myself going under water but hey, I was way excited! The people we went with were very patient with me, very encouraging too, and gave lots of good tips.


About to plunge in the water.



Up and Going! Wahooooo!!

Dave helping me get the wakeboard off.

At the start and finish of our boating evening!




When I woke up the next morning, I was already 26 but I felt like a 90 year old. So I don't know how that would feel but if they have aching bodies then that's it! Actually Alyssa and I both agreed that we felt like a truck had hit us. In any case, we went to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe for my birthday. Yum!




Then I went to work. I was hoping that no one would remember it was my birthday. They forgot last year so I had reason to hope. I was sorely disappointed to see a birthday sign on the door, more birthday signs inside, more birthday signs on my desk and a birthday hat on my chair. But later we had ice cream cake which was the best part about work and was delicious. Our activity that day was going to the Utah County Fair in Spanish Fork. Lame. I'd never been to a County Fair before, and I never want to go back. It was hot out and there really wasn't a whole lot to do. This baby animal... I just can't remember what it's called... was the best thing about the fair. After we finally left the fair, we took the clients to dinner at Amber's Family restaurant where the clients sang to me in the parking lot. How kind of them. I didn't actually eat anything there because I already knew that I had to have room in my tummy for...

TUCANOS! Yum! If you've never been there and you like meat, it's worth a try! It's an all you can eat Brazillian Grill, lot of delicious meat, pineapple, and grilled veggies too. They have a salad bar but we don't recommend it. Just eat the meat! The roomies and I went.


Alyssa informed them it was my birthday so they did their birthday thing and had the birthday people in our area stand and dance (there were 4 of us in our area). I was the only one dancing. Those other people were lame. Or maybe I was just the one looking like an idiot. There were like 8 other people in the restaurant with a birthday... well maybe it wasn't their actual birthday but maybe it was their birthday month. Who knows.



I also got this shiny new bike for my birthday!



HA! Yeah right. Look at it with all that pink and all those hearts... EVERYwhere! It suddenly appeared at the apartment next door, but no one lives there. Anyway, everytime I walk past it I think, what the? What IS that thing?!

Anyway, on Saturday we spent all day cleaning our apartment as we are all moving out and our landlady was coming to do cleaning checks... which in reality consisted of her coming in, telling us what to do with our keys, asking if everything still worked, giving us our last gas bill... and yeah, no checking of our hard work. Oh well. At least we have a clean apartment. Alyssa and I decided that our bathroom won the award for most improved.



So we're moving. To where? That is yet to be determined... We should have something finalized this week. Wish us luck!

9 comments:

the man said...

Happy Birthday poops! You know in that one picture of you up and going, you look like all of us kids together. I see Michelle in you, Clarence, Andrew, and me all spun together. Only in that pictuer though. Weird.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Nancy Tang! I did not know you had a blog! I love it! It looks like you had a very fun birthday and I wish I could be there to celebrate with you! I love ya!

Megan and Sean said...

Happy birthday! Looks like fun.

Megan and Sean said...

Oh, the bike is hidious...I mean hilarious.

Kevin said...

Wow, what a birthday! Except that you forgot to mention that you got a call from your favorite cousin.

Kalli said...

Oh my gosh, I totally laughed my head off the moment I saw the bike picture! Who knows, maybe it really is a gift for you from a secret admirer and/or stalker.

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good birthday. Good luck with the house-hunting!

Meg said...

Happy Birthday and you don't love the bike?

Lynnie said...

Looks like lots of fun. I love the "what IS that THING?" Prince Humperdink line. I'd take it. And give it a great paint job. Happy 26. Let me know how it is.

Michelle said...

I'm glad you had a fun time wakeboarding...and may I say that Alyssa has a rocking talent on the board (from what little I can extrapolate from the picture anyway). And yes, Tucanos...my mouth is watering just thinking about it...mmmm, Tucanos.

Thank goodness your taste in designer bikes has not plummetted to THAT level of nastiness!