Monday, October 8, 2007

Did You Steal That From Your Little Brother?

NO! Of course not! And let me outline the reasons why this is not possible.
a) I don't even have a little brother!
2) I would never go to Grand Junction, Colorado to steal something! and
d) Do you really think I could pull off stealing something like this? A cookie? Probably. But a car? Get real!

So Jason and Heather moved to Hawaii (lucky duckies) and needed to sell their car fast. Fortunately, I was looking to buy a car. And was able to do it fast. Alyssa and I went to Grand Junction to pick up the car and Heather's brother Taylor was kind enough to chaffeur us down... it really was like he was our chaffeur because we both sat in the back. There is reason for this as the seatbelt in the front seat was broken and I wasn't about to sit up there without one! Taylor reassured me that it would be fine for me to sit up front and that he would even not buckle up as extra care that we really wouldn't get into an accident. Yeah right! Well in the end we were all safely strapped into our seats and off we went! No accidents involved. Thanks Tay! All went well, we were all able to help Jason and Heather in some way or another and after spending all day with them, we returned home.

The car is my first big purchase and now I actually have to budget, but it has been joyous to have a vehicle! Hooray for growing up (sorta)! But while the weather is still chipper and sunny, I continue to ride my bike to work so don't worry, the bike still gets plenty of love! And speaking of work, that building in the background of the picture is my work... well it's part of the building anyway.

2 comments:

Megan and Sean said...

NANCY I found you!!! This is Megan from ME! I have checked your bro's blog off of Bridgette's blog every couple of months for a while now trying to see if you had a blog!!! Hooray you do now! It's so fun to 'see' you and what your up too!!!

Jenna said...

Hey, get over here and have some choco chip cookies and lay by my fire and keep me company! Anytime you need a meal, you let me know and I'll cook up something righteous!