Friday, September 14, 2007

"Did You Steal That From Your Little Brother?"

Someone asked that once but no... it's mine! I own a bike. And here it is!
Yes I know you're thinking, that bike is TINY. And yes, I look like a big kid on a little kid's bike but who cares! It's a bike! And it's mine! And it was FREE! What can be better than that?! I was blessed to get it from work. It was a donation and we were going to give it as a prize at one of our activities but anyway to make a long story short, I was given the bike as long as I was going to ride to it work. And ride it to work I do everyday!!! I love it!

I got the bike almost a month ago, and after my first bike ride home, the very second I stepped in the door of my apartment, I set right to work on fixing some loose bolts... I didn't even bother to say hello to the roommates. I was too excited!

So it's like a BMX bike and it has pegs on the front and back tires, which makes it a trick bike. Do I know any tricks? No. Will I learn how to do tricks? Probably not. But do I use the pegs? You BET! My roommate Alyssa and I have taken many a trips around Provo with me riding the bike and her riding the pegs. It's fantastic. Several people have commented that they've seen us riding down 7th North... mostly because that's one of the only streets that we don't have to stop at intersections. It can get a little difficult stopping and starting without falling over - you should've seen us the first time I tried to peg her... We are much better at getting going now!

Ok, so we look a little ridiculous but it's so much fun! I never realized how silly we actually look until I saw this picture. Does that stop us from riding around still? NO! Really we can't go very far because it is pretty tiring for my legs (especially when we go up the slightest hill and we seem to be able to only go 5 or less mph) and you'd be surprised at how tiring it gets for Alyssa's calves. So we've only gone maybe 2 miles at the most. Anyway, the bike has been a fantastic addition to my life and I'll be sad when the weather turns bleak and snowy and bike fun will be over for a season. But until then, let the good times roll!

3 comments:

Lynnie said...

You might be surprised. I was biking up until Christmas break last year, even at 6am on the way to the pool. Just dress warmly. Did I tell you David saw you guys while we were talking on the phone and he was driving about? It was really trippy. Keep it up. You're uniting the nation.

Lynnie said...

And I like your hair a lot!

Michelle said...

I'll be more impressed when you learn a trick...then you can teach it to me!

I LOVE IT!