Welcome to the capital of Alaska - Juneau. Glaciers were our main attraction today.
We didn't have a shore tour scheduled here. But we hopped on a bus and went to Mendenhall Glacier. Here's our group.
And here's me at the glacier!
And here is the pretty glacier on its own. You can't get any closer because that lake is in the way. Actually, you could pay for a helicopter tour that lands on the glacier... but that costs like $500! Loaded people do it though, we saw at least 3 or 4 of them while we were there.
After seeing the glacier and doing more shopping in town, we went back on the ship to rest. Later that day after departing Juneau, we went down Tracy's Arm to see Sawyer Glacier... it's there in the distance.
But since there was so much ice in the water, we couldn't get much closer without it being too dangerous. No Titanic incidents here! Here is a piece of glacier ice in the water.
More ice in the water. I was trying to do some interesting shots.
And here's me. I know, I look like i've photoshopped myself in. But really, i'm there, don't I look cold?! Because it was. Freezing that is.
Skagway's up next!
3 comments:
ha, i'm first to leave a comment!! oh, and it looks like you had a fun cruise so far -- but anyways, aww yeah, hurrah for me! :)
A cruise with ice... hmmm, seems a little strange, but looked fun, but not as fun as a tropical cruise!!!
so fun...and you are funny too! I think you photoshopped in well!
Post a Comment