Thursday, March 20, 2008

Utah Flash

According to wikipedia.org, the Utah Flash "are a team of the NBA Development League that began playing in 2007... The Utah Flash is the affiliate team for the Utah Jazz and the Boston Celtics."

So naturally, one of our RAH activities was going to one of their games since they play in the UVSC McKay Events Center. I wouldn't think that the Flash would play there, but they are relatively new and the attendance for games are pretty low still. But they'll probably grow over time.

They hooked our guys up with those noise maker things that you bang together, as well as a bunch of free shirts. Not everyone got a shirt unfortunately, but the majority of the 35 participants in attendance got one, so not too shabby! We also won a pizza... too bad a 12 slice pizza doesn't exactly feed 40 people (that's 35 + 5 staff). Anyway, it was a pretty intense and close game... With 1.7 seconds left the score was 100-99 in favor of Idaho. The Flash has possession of the ball, the Flash player shoots... and... and... aiiiiiir baaaaall. The buzzard blows. (Did I really write buzzard? Um, I meant buzzer... thank you, Alyssa). Idaho wins by 1. Sad day. It's also sad that I can't name any of the players. But not that sad because even if I did know any of their names, YOU probably wouldn't know who I was talking about... am i right?

Anyway, we had fun, and our seats were relatively close (that's part of our group pictured below), and so overall it was a pretty exciting activity.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

I love love love the picture of you and the participant - her face is awesome!!! And just one thing - I think when you wrote "buzzard" you mean to write "buzzer." I'm pretty sure a buzzard is a kind of bird or something...but it made me smile, and that's what the blog's all about, right?

andrew said...

Did you see a big guy named Kyrylo Fesenko play? He's a rookie for the Utah Jazz who's currently playing for the Flash to develop. He's supposed to be really good.

Megan and Sean said...

What fun!!! You've got a great job!

the man said...

I'll flash you in a minute... haha.. who am I? (minus the context of course)