A couple of weeks ago, we had a fantastic ward activity slip n' sliding at Rock Canyon Park. I did it last year too but I didn't have a blog to talk about it in. Anyway, it was great, we went down in groups, in trains, on our feet, our bums, our tummies and any other creative way to do it. For those of you who don't know how it's done, you take a long piece of sturdy plastic and place it down the hill. You take the hose that comes from somewhere (this part is unknown to me of who supplies the water/hose), then someone stands at the top and hoses the plastic while you fly down and hope you don't slide into the gravel and

rocks at the bottom of the hill. It's great fun. Dish detergent is often used as well to make you go faster. Here is a picture of me and my neighbor attempting to go down crouching on our feet. We couldn't hold the position the whole way down. The plastic looks dry but we were going pretty fast... we soaped up our feet too. We had a video of us going down on our stomachs too but my neighbor somehow misplaced it, which is really sad. If she ever finds it, I'll post it!

This is how we looked after a few runs. It's dirty and you could end up with wads of grass in your clothes and in your mouth but it's worth it because it's a whole lot of fun!
This is my roommate Kendra, my neighbor Andrea, and me.
This is one of the trains we did... you can't see me but I'm in there in the middle... see the girl in the green, that's Andrea. Kendra is behind her and I'm right behind Kendra. You can sorta see the black strap on my shoulder and that's about it... you could probably see my leg too if you looked really hard. Needless to say, we all crashed into each other at the bottom of the hill... but we managed to keep the train together up until then!
6 comments:
So far I'm liking it! You always just say... or is that me? I also liked the "here me are" reference. The hose is totally from the house at the top of the hill. Last year they just went up and asked them. Weird. People in UT are really nice. I'm the first to comment...awesome.
And I'll be the second. Nancy I love you girl!! I'm glad you jumped on the blogging bandwagon - now when I get back and London is over, we can help each other come up with things to put on our blog..since we'll probably be in the same boat as far as that goes...
Where'd you find a piece of plastic that long? And how long was it anyways?
Hooray for Nancy and her blog!! Just so you know, you are now added to my "cool people" link list. Aren't you glad you made the cut?? I can't wait to see you again. When Liesel is gone, you're never around. We all miss you very much. Well, stay cool or I won't keep you on my link list. JK
Welcome to the blogosphere! Now that you have a blog I will be checking on you reguarly! I'm so glad to see you are putting your humor and charm to good use and sharing it with your adoring fans!
oh just one more thing. well, two. are you and kendra both wearing my tanktops? cause if you are that's cool. im glad. i just was looking and thought that'd be funny if you were. you know, raid the roomie's closet while she's out of the country.... :)
and two, i think it's time for a new post. I keep checking your blog and keep seeing "slip 'n slide." the post, it, for me please change.
Post a Comment