So last Friday we went to the Payson cemetery to find some of the ancestors from the Griggs line that we knew were buried here. This guy, James Henry, fought in the Civil War... for the south.
Searching for the other graves...
Took us a while to find it... this is probably why. No lovin for this grave in a while I guess.
But we cleaned it up a bit. This guy, Anderson Irvin is James Henry's father. He was the first in the family to join the church in 1841. Jedediah Grant taught him the Gospel (Heber J's father). The S was added to Grigg later, a nice addition I think. Grigg looks unbalanced.
Some other family members we found and were reading about.
Then on Tuesday it was a lovely day so we decided to go on a walk in Provo Canyon. We walked from Will's Canyon Stop to Bridal Veil Falls and back. Not sure how far that is, maybe 6 miles round trip? We encountered this guy on our walk...
Somewhere along the trail...
A carcass of... something just off the path... a dog maybe? Or some other creature. It was pretty gross so of course we had to take a picture.
And our final destination. The falls!
3 comments:
Gross Nance. A carcass, really?! That's why I love you! What a great idea to go and honor those who served our country, I think I'm going to adopt that and do it next year.
Hey! My mom was at Payson Cemetery that Monday! I wonder if the old timey Griggs knew the old timey Dixons. It's a small world after all!
You didn't find any Tang relatives at the Provo cemetery? Odd.
Post a Comment